Mandatory marking of footwear with Data Matrix codes (labels, stickers).
Chestny ZNAK [Cyrillic: Честный ЗНАК, “Fair Mark” in Russian] is the National digital marking and traceability system created by the Centre for Research in Perspective Technologies.
Since 1 July 2020, the marking of footwear with Data Matrix codes (Chestny ZNAK) has become mandatory in the Russian Federation:
• Since 1 July 2020, the import and manufacture of footwear without marking have been prohibited;
• Since 1 July 2020, the wholesale and retail of unmarked footwear have been prohibited;
• Since 1 July 2020, the transmission of information on the manufacture, import, wholesale and retail of products to the marking system has been mandatory;
• Until 1 June 2021, marking footwear product leftovers was possible.
The TN VED codes [Cyrillic: ТН ВЭД, EurAsEc Goods Nomenclature of foreign trade activities under Russia’s legal system] which are subject to mandatory labelling (TN VED goods items) are the following: 6401, 6402, 6403, 6404, 6405.
The Data Matrix footwear product marking code consists of:
• The product code, 14 digital symbols;
• The individual serial number of the goods unit generated by the system operator or the goods turnover participant, 13 symbols;
• The verification key provided by the system operator, 4 symbols;
• The verification code provided by the system operator, 88 symbols.
The Data Matrix marking code is placed on the consumer package, product label or footwear products (in accordance with the Russian Federation’s standard GOST R ISO/ MEK 16022-2008 [Cyrillic: ГОСТ Р ИСО/МЭК 16022-2008, National standard of the Russian Federation ISO/ IEC 16022-2008 under Russia’s legal system]) “Automatic identification. Bar coding. Data Matrix symbology specification”.
Marking code cost was approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation no. 577 of 8 May 2019 and is 50 kopecks excluding VAT.
Mandatory marking of imported goods with Data Matrix codes (stickers, labels) with KRAFTTRANS
We mark footwear imported into the Russian Federation with Data Matrix codes at warehouses situated in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Italy, France, Belarus and Russia, before it is cleared for home use (before the submission of the DT IM 40 customs declaration [Cyrillic: ДТ ИМ 40, Import customs declaration 40 under Russia’s legislation]).
Types of KRAFTTRANS’ warehouses where marking takes place:
1. Customs warehouses;
2. Temporary storage warehouses;
3. Excise warehouses;
4. Foodstuff warehouses;
5. Pharmaceutical warehouses (temperature control provided);
6. Consolidated warehouses.
For marking footwear, KRAFTTRANS uses consolidated and temporary storage warehouses.
For marking footwear, importers mostly choose black-and-white printing on self-adhesive paper (semi-gloss, Тhermo ECO, Thermo TOP and others). KRAFTTRANS also offers the colour label (sticker) with the Data Matrix code.
Our standard of marking cargo with Data Matrix codes:
1. We receive and photograph the goods (this applies to each and every SKU), which is necessary for the manufacture of the layout originals of back labels;
2. We agree on the layout original with the Customer;
3. We receive marking codes from the Customer using the provider’s service or MS Excel;
4. We create a special product labelling table containing all the marking codes, product labels, stickers for master boxes and pallets;
5. We proceed to the actual marking, which takes place on an automated working table for product labelling;
6. We remove the stretch film from the pallet and open each master box;
7. We conduct checks for defects (short delivery, breakage; we sort the defects discovered and photograph them);
8. We scan the SKU on the product and check whether the SKU matches the product type;
9. We print and stick on the product a label with a Data Matrix code; we stick additional labels if necessary*;
10. We put the product back into the master box and seal it;
11. We print stickers for the master box and stick them;
12. We put the master boxes on a pallet and wrap the pallet in stretch film;
13. We print stickers for a pallet and stick them;
14. In case of product re-sorting, we contact the Customer in order to adjust the product labelling table and the marking codes;
15. We send the product labelling table to the Customer.
Advantages of our services in the field of the mandatory marking of footwear with Data Matrix codes:
broad warehousing opportunities (marking at warehouses in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Italy, France, Belarus and Russia) allow us to do our work fast even in peak (seasonal) periods.
the broad geographical spread of our offices allows us to find the best warehousing and transportation solutions.
3. More individualised:
there is 1 person working with the Customer, our principle is: «have all the operational issues successfully resolved with 1 contact person».
if you feel some of our processes are not going in quite the right direction, you can always contact the Head of the Marking Unit or the Head of the Marking Department and let us know, so we fix things.
5. Clearer and more transparent:
the Customer receives daily reports on the progress of the delivery and product marking; the report is presented as a single letter, a single table – and no reminders.
The cost of having your footwear marked with Data Matrix codes with KRAFTTRANS is €0.17 for one black-and-white label (sticker). The cost can be reduced depending on the set of services provided to the Customer, the number of batches (volume) or the number of SKUs in the batches.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Feel free to write to us, and we will discuss what we could do for you.